Thursday, August 13, 2015

Inspiration

So, as you know I've started this journey with Epicure and I am really looking forward to it. I've never been my own boss before so I am trying to keep myself motivated and inspired.
My family has always been a huge support to me and today my inspiration is my Aunt Sylvia.
I grew up in a small town in Newfoundland and my darling aunt lived about 45 minutes away from me. When my sister and I were little she would pick us up for the weekend and take us to her house. Those we some of the best weekends of my life. We watched movies, ate delicious food, fished and even went for ski doo rides which was a big treat for me because my Uncle Alf was the only person I was allowed to ride on the ski doo with!
My aunt and uncle went above and beyond and supported my sister and I in everything we did. I remember seeing her smiling face at my high school graduation and having a laugh with her at my wedding.
Besides being a great Aunt, Sylvia and Alf are very involved in their community and have recently made the CBC news! Check out their accomplishments at http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/offbeat/story/1.3185844.
They need to raise money for their local church, so Sylvia decided to try a fundraiser called, Chase the Ace, something she saw while she was visiting my uncle in Nova Scotia.
To make a long story short they were able to turn 300$ into more than 400,000$ for their church. This is an unbelievable achievement considering they are from a town of less than 500 people.
She is a great example of how if you dream big, who knows what can happen!
I will forever be grateful to my aunt and uncle for all their time and love and for the great example they set for everyone around them.
On that note I am off to make some Pico Picante Salsa for my husband and I and tell him all about Chase the Ace. Salsa available on my website at http://ryannemcisaac.myepicure.com/en-ca/shop.aspx 


No comments:

Post a Comment